Make Touchpad on ASUS Laptop Recognized

Thursday, January 19, 2012 4 Comments

I am almost desperated when talking about touchpad-issue on my ASUS A43E laptop. ASUS, is not using Synaptics anymore (in my laptop and mostly ASUS laptop I heard), replaced by Elantech. And, the common Ubuntu still using synaptics by default. The only problem is, the touchpad become unrecognized, and dumbly recognized as PS/2 Logitech mouse :3

After a few day surfing in-out Ubuntu Forums, blogs and websites, finally today (just now) I found a solution on how to enable touchpad (include multi-tap, two finger scrolling, click on tap etc).

 [How To Section]
  1. sudo apt-get install dkms
  2. cd /usr/src/
  3. sudo wget http://planet76.com/drivers/elantech/psmouse-elantech-v6.tar.bz2
  4. sudo tar jxvf psmouse-elantech-v6.tar.bz2
  5. sudo dkms add -m psmouse -v elantech-v6
  6. sudo dkms build -m psmouse -v elantech-v6
  7. sudo dkms install -m psmouse -v elantech-v6
After above operations, just simply reboot your laptop OR, load the modul without restarting laptop by typing sudo rmmod psmouse && sudo modprobe psmouse

I got these steps from Ubuntu Forums (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1791081) and the steps (as threads and my reference) from Lauchpad's Bug site (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/681904/comments/64). The only problem is to disable touchpad via hotkeys. Damn. The others are working now, but only that thing left unfixed. For a while, I still using this method Enable/ Disable Touchpad on Ubuntu 11.04. But since my touchpad is recognized, I'd like to install an app to enable/ disable it :D

Cotto matte1. I'll write it soon :)

Note :
1 'Wait a moment' in Japanese

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Do you think I forgot to change this text? No, dude. I did it on purpose ahahahay..

4 comments

Write comments
July 14, 2012 at 10:17 AM delete

Did not work for me... Acer Aspire v3-771g

Reply
avatar
tom
AUTHOR
October 27, 2013 at 8:52 AM delete

Actually, it depends on your h/w
btw, I just noticed, if this post has a comment. I didn't get any email notifiations -____-"

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
April 7, 2014 at 12:10 PM delete

Very informative post. Keep up the good work. I would really look forward to your other posts

Asus Technical Support

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
November 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM delete

Laptops are computers that you can take everywhere with you without hassle. They can take up very little space and be used for hours without access to power.hplaptop.co


laptop computer repair

hplaptop.co

HP Elite-book 820 G1 Core i5-4200U Laptop Price in Pakistan

dell laptop computer costs

pink laptop computer

Reply
avatar