Disk Mounter : Display only USB drive

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 0 Comments

How to display USB drive only at Disk Mounter on Ubuntu or its derivatives? I have the solution :D It is ugly enough having all of your mounted disk/ drives at Disk Mounter. It seems so crowded, I think.

In my case, I have 4 mounted NTFS drive on my Ubuntu. The problem is, when I am using Disk Mounter applet and have a/ some USB stick plugged, they all (4 mounted drives/ partitions and the USB sticks) displayed at Disk Mounter. It just not suit with my mind.

Wanna 'fix' it? Let's having fun a 'lil bit :D

['How to' Section]
First point. Ubuntu loading the content of /media to be displayed as 'mounted disk'. All drives.

Second, what will we do? Here you are :

  1. This is my first fstab configuration http://pastebin.com/VR1FLBH8. It's based on my computer. Do not just copy and paste..
  2. With statement in the 'First', Ubuntu is displayed all media/ drives inside /media. So, what if we moved the 'ugly disk/ partition'?
  3. Keep on fstab. We are ready to move the partition.
  4. Change /media --> /mnt
  5. Save and Close.
  6. Now, it's time to make mount point, in order to 'move' the disk.
  7. Inside Terminal, type sudo mkdir /mnt/C
  8. Inside Terminal, type sudo mkdir /mnt/D
  9. Inside Terminal, type sudo mkdir /mnt/E
  10. Inside Terminal, type sudo mkdir /mnt/F
  11. The last, reboot. And see the differences :D
Any question? Lemme hear it.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Do you think I forgot to change this text? No, dude. I did it on purpose ahahahay..